BENEFITS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
A big thank you for being a part of bringing natural back to Canada. The e-book is intended to inform you on the benefits of charcoal and how to best use it. Our mission is to bring natural back and give value to our customers.
NOW JUST TO BE CLEAR!
CHARCOAL POWDER FORM IS MESSY BY NATURE IF NOT CAREFUL
In order to avoid a mess we will share various tips to make the best out of the charcoal kit! Activated charcoal is a naturally powerful treatment that allows toxins and chemicals to be flushed out such that the body does not reabsorb them. Activated charcoal is used in emergency trauma centers and one of the most popular uses is for the safe and effective treatment of poisoning and drug overuses. If that’s not enough, it has also been shown to reduce trauma. In addition, it reduces bloating and gas, lower cholesterol, treats bile flow problems safely during pregnancy.
LET’S FIND OUT HOW ACTIVATED CHARCOAL ACTUALLY WORKS!
Activated charcoal works by trapping toxins and chemicals in the body. As you may be aware, absorption is the reaction of elements, including nutrients, chemicals and toxins, soaked up and circulated into the blood stream. Adsorption, on the other hand, is the process where a chemical reaction binds the elements to a surface. Activated charcoal has millions of tiny pores. This porous surface has a negative electric charge that causes positive charged toxins and gas to bond with it. Remember, activated charcoal and charcoals in your barbecue grill are completely different! Barbecue charcoal is filled with charcoal that has toxins and chemicals which should never be consumed.
Now that we know how activated charcoal works, let’s find out about its most common uses.
Looking to get a bright shiny smile that is natural and cost effective? Activated charcoal helps whiten teeth and promotes good oral health by changing the pH balance in the mouth, and by preventing bad breath and cavities. For best results, we recommend brushing your teeth with activated charcoal daily.
A few tips:
- Try not to touch charcoal and use a tea spoon to take it out. It can leave temporary black marks.
- Don’t wear white while brushing.
- Use it in the shower instead of the sink if possible to avoid any mess and cleanup after.
- Don’t use a lot of force thinking it will whiten you teeth more and let the charcoal just do the work. If you brush too hard your gums might hurt the next day.
- Make a paste first adding a few drops of water instead of putting charcoal directly in your mouth. This will avoid your gums getting black temporarily. This is a common mistake by many new users.
- Although everyone is different but we recommend to use a very small amount at first approx. ¼ of tea spoon and making a paste before brushing.
- Some customers like to sprinkle it on their regular toothpaste while others like to gargle to combat bad breath.
- Some like to brush with charcoal and leave it for a few minutes to let charcoal do its magic before you rinse off.
I will compare our charcoal teeth whitening with teeth whitening strips. Charcoal will give you a natural white unlike teeth whitening strips which have harmful chemicals which will give you temporary artificial whiteness but weaken your enamel in the long run. Our charcoal is 100% organic and safe with no flavors and actually good for your enamel. You will feel it is lighter than toothpaste and your mouth will feel very clean after every use. It is quite interesting that dentists promote heavily getting teeth whitening done in their clinics which are expensive and full of chemicals but a lot if not all discourage to use natural products like charcoal.
For some people, results are instant but if you have quite white teeth already, it might take a few tries before you see results. The toothbrush we provide is soft which is recommended but if you feel the one we provide is not suiting you, please switch to the one you are comfortable.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR ACTIVATED CHARCOAL TEETH WHITENING
Toothbrush; aimnaturals.com recommends a black bristles toothbrush (or one you don’t mind getting black).
Note: The free toothbrush is soft
- A tiny pinch of Activated Charcoal is all you need. It has to be a very small amount or else your gums might get black
- A cup
ACTIVATED CHARCOAL TEETH WHITENING DIRECTIONS
- Wet your toothbrush well.
- Place toothbrush on top of a napkin, piece of toilet paper, or paper towel.
- Gently twists open your activated charcoal jar. Mix a few drops of water with ¼ of a tea spoon of powder to make a thick paste or apply directly. We recommend making a paste first.
- Start brushing! It will be a little bit “powdery” at the beginning, but your saliva will soon take over and spread the powder everywhere. All-natural charcoal like our premium one with aimnaturals will not have any taste.
- Gently brush for 3 to 5 minutes. Spit periodically into your cup, rather than sink. This will make clean up easier! Best to use it in the shower. Rinse your mouth well with water. Be sure to brush your tongue too with water as it will be black.
- Dump your spit cup into the toilet and flush.
- Clean any excess powder residue on your sink with a baby wipe if needed.
- Your mouth will feel amazingly clean. You can use it in the shower to avoid any mess but the natural whitening effect makes it worth it. It does not have harmful chemicals to weaken your enamel so you are encouraged to use it as much as possible.
- Clean any excess powder residue on your sink with a baby wipe if needed. Your mouth will feel amazingly clean. You can use it in the shower to avoid any mess but the natural whitening effect makes it worth it. It does not have harmful chemicals to weaken your enamel so you are encouraged to use it as much as possible.
- Be sure to floss or brush your teeth as normal after as some charcoal might stick to your gums.
Avoid any activated charcoal with hardwood as it will damage your enamel in the long run. Try to stay away from added flavors and stick with all-natural coconut charcoal powder (no hardwood used).
All natural will have absolutely no flavor like aimnaturals products.
Keep out of reach of children and avoid contact with eyes If you have caps, crowns or porcelain veneers, it is possible that activated charcoal may get stuck in caps, crowns or porcelain veneers. Please make a thick paste before using to avoid this and floss for any charcoal left.
Quit using if teeth become sensitive. It is better to avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Some people like to use it as a detox and for loosing weight. Ingesting large amount can be very dehydrating. In this case, please consume lots of water.
PREVENTING HANGOVERS AND TREATING ALCOHOL POISONING
When activated charcoal is taken at the same time as alcohol, some studies show it can significantly reduce blood alcohol concentrations.
Princeton University’s First Aider’s Guide to Alcohol indicates that activated charcoal is administered in some situations related to alcohol. This includes if the individual is showing signs of acute alcohol poisoning or is unconscious.
In addition, activated charcoal does not adsorb alcohol but it quickly helps remove other toxins from the body that contribute to poisoning.
RELIEVES GAS & BLOATING
One study in the American Journal of Gastroenterology found that activated charcoal prevents intestinal gas following a typical gas-producing meal. Activated charcoal works by binding the gas-causing byproducts in foods that cause discomfort.
To alleviate gas and bloating: Mix 500 milligrams of activated charcoal one hour prior to a typical gas-producing meal, with a full glass of water.
Follow with an additional glass of water immediately thereafter to help get the charcoal into your system, where it can bind with gas-producing elements.
SKIN AND BODY HEALTH
There are numerous benefits of activated charcoal that go beyond internal usage. Activated charcoal is effective at treating acne and body odor.
It also relieves after-bite treatments, mix one tea spoon of activated charcoal with ½ tablespoon of coconut oil, and dab on affected area. Reapply every 30 minutes until itching and discomfort are gone. Wrap with a bandage to avoid staining.
To treat acne, mix one teaspoon of activated charcoal with two teaspoons of Vera gel, and smooth over face. Let dry and rinse off completely.
The activated charcoal binds with environmental toxins and dirt that contribute to acne. It’s also good for spot treatments.
It’s important to routinely cleanse the digestive tract to support overall health and wellness.
Activated charcoal helps promote a healthy digestive tract by eliminating toxins that cause allergic reactions, poor immune systems and oxidative damage.
By removing the toxins, increased mental function and energy can be achieved.
To complete a digestive cleanse with activated charcoal, take 10 grams 90 minutes prior to each meal, for two days.
Activated charcoal can help with mold cleansing.
If you or someone you know experiences symptoms such as rashes, water eyes, coughing or headaches that aren’t explained in other ways, your home should be evaluated for mold spore levels, even if no visible mold is detected.
Toxic mold causes depression, liver and kidney failure, decreased brain function, eye irritation, headaches, heart diseases, vomiting, impaired immune system function, and severe respiratory distress.
Often overlooked are the benefits of using activated charcoal in water filtration.
Activated charcoal traps impurities in water including solvents, pesticides, industrial waste and other chemicals.
This is why it’s used in water filtration systems throughout the world.
EMERGENCY TOXIN REMOVAL
Activated charcoal is also used in the event of an overdose of many pharmaceutical drugs and over-the-counter medications. It’s effective for aspirin, opium, cocaine, morphine and acetaminophen.
The proper amount must be administered as quickly as possible — typically within an hour of ingestion.
Most organic compounds, mercury, pesticides, fertilizer and bleach bind to activated charcoal’s surface, allowing for quicker elimination, while preventing the absorption in the body.
Furthermore, activated charcoal can be used in cases of food poisoning when diarrhea and nausea are present. For adults, it is recommended to take 25 grams at onset of symptoms or when food poisoning is suspected, and children should be given 10 grams. Increase dosage as necessary. Always remember, it’s essential that adequate water is consumed when activated charcoal is taken.
Whenever you take activated charcoal, it’s imperative to drink 12-16 glasses of water per day. Activated charcoal can cause dehydration if adequate amounts of water aren’t consumed in tandem. In addition, this helps to flush out the toxins quickly and prevents constipation experienced by some individuals.
It’s imperative to cleanse toxins and chemicals routinely from the body. Activated charcoal benefits major organs by helping the body flush out toxins and chemicals that cause the damage.
Its regular use helps prevent cellular damage to kidneys and liver, as well as support healthy adrenal glands.
The use of activated charcoal can cleanse the toxic load (from non-organic food, heavy meals etc.) that contributes to aging.
Take two table spoons per day after exposure to nonorganic foods, heavy meals or after contact to other toxins.
The result will be better cognitive function, healthier kidneys, liver function, digestive tract and clarity of mind.
Reduces High Cholesterol Through various studies around the world, it has been determined that activated charcoal reduces bad cholesterol and increases good.
REDUCES HIGH CHOLESTEROL
Through various studies around the world, it has been determined that activated charcoal reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol as much as some prescription medications. In one study, total cholesterol decreased by 25 percent, LDL cholesterol decreased by 41 percent, while HDL increased by 8 percent — in just four weeks.
Do not take activated charcoal within 90 minutes to two hours of taking any prescription medication or supplements as it can prevent proper absorption.
DEEP CLEANSING MASK
If you are looking for a natural way to cleanse your face, try charcoal blend:
Half tea spoon of powder or as much as you need with a few drops of water to create a thin paste in a small container. Don’t use too much charcoal as it might leave temporary marks.
1 Apply evenly to face
2 Let it sit for 10 to 15 mins until dry
3 Wash off with water
4 Wash with cleanser as usual
As a precaution always seek advice from your local doctor before trying any of these methods.